Effective for the 2017/2018 school year
Grades 1 through 4 – 11:45 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
Grades 5 through 8 – 12:40 p.m. to 1:25 p.m.
During the lunch hour, students are grouped by grade levels. The time period is divided so that each group would be allowed approximately 25 minutes in the lunchroom and 25 minutes on the playground. Several parents are assigned daily to provide supervision at both locations. Students are free to bring their own lunch or hot lunch may be purchased on a pre-ordered monthly basis.
- Definite seating area will be assigned for each grade level.
- Food and litter must be disposed of properly. Tables, chairs, and floor should be left litter free. No food may be taken onto the playground.
- Students should visit the lavatory if necessary before leaving for the playground.
- Unreasonable degrees of noise or activity in the cafeteria are unacceptable.
- When the weather is inclement, the children will remain indoors during the lunch period.
Playground Boundaries – DO NOT PLAY:
- Near the school building
- In front of the church
- In the driveway between Church and School
- In front of the gym
- Near Red Run
- On our neighbors’ fences or in their yards
- On the Edison tower
Additional Playground and School Property Rules:
- Use sidewalks on Parish and neighborhood property to respect lawns.
- Students may not be in the school or church during the lunch hour unless they are under adult supervision.
- Students may not leave the school grounds any time during the day without office permission.
- Students must avoid knockdown games, tackle football, hardballs, snowballing, sliding on the ice, climbing on anything but the jungle gyms, or other such dangerous activities or games.
- Students may not play ball against building walls and should avoid cars parked in the lot.
- General expectations regarding behavior and language are the same during lunch hour as during the rest of the school day.
- Students are expected to demonstrate respect and cooperation with those who supervise the lunchroom and playground.